Thursday, May 1, 2014

Communication

Today is going to be a story lesson.

I had a lovely furry family member for 26 years. When she came into my life, I was a bit ..how can I say..less balanced? She fit in the palm of my hand as a kitten and upon the ride home from the Vet where she was born, she climbed out from inside my coat and sat on my head ( I long had hair that time).

Needless to say, I fell deeply in love with that cat. Her name was Bodhisattva and she taught me much about life. I know everyone has cat stories and I know we all love our cats...I humbly share my love story. 

As I further developed my spiritual practices and went deep into them, she came right along with me..if I wanted to drink a special blessed water , she would run into my office, jump up on me and shove her head in my glass to get the first sip.  On days when I felt challenged, she would wake up, come over to me, jump up on my lap, place her paw on my face very softly and then jump back down and go back to bed.

At the end of her life, she was very old, nearly blind and had many internal issues. I was sitting in my office one day becoming very sad because I knew our time together was coming to an end and I heard staggering footsteps coming in to my office...She walked next to me and sat near my feet ( she couldnt jump any longer). When I went to pick her up, she walked away, but waited for me....so I followed her.

She walked me over to a wall and sat with her face facing it ( like Monks in Zazen) and waited for me to sit with her ( I am not making this up). We then faced the wall and meditated together. -She wanted me to sit, so I sat.

A day or 2 later, she was gone from my life. 

Now, I am "that" guy that people saw in Boston for "miracles" for 17 years, yup I am that guy with special "abilities"....and at the end of her life, she gave me one last lesson, what a perfect name for her...Bodhisattva.

Why am I telling this melodramatic cat story? 

Because I want people to know, there is more to life than going from periods of sorrow to the next sorrow, there is more than falsehoods of pretending to know about life on the outside while dying slowly on the inside, there is more to life than sitting on ones spiritual ass till it is numb....

Dont just look at surface items, always be willing to look deeper at life and yourself..be willing to spread messages of hope, love, faith in new ways...even though it may not be the norm.That is why I place jokes with my cartoon lessons at times, to get the point across from a new energy source...humor.

But today I am telling a story/teaching through "cat love" energy....and it has nothing to do with the internet interwebs obsession with cats.






The Rabid Monk

No comments:

Post a Comment