Saturday, August 3, 2013

Responsible



100% real Rabid Monk story:

I was on a trip a couple of months ago down to the Florida Keys. On my return flight while at the airport, I saw an older woman with her elderly Mother ( in a wheelchair) at the airport. The daughter was sending her Mother to visit relatives and looked distressed doing so. 

She wheeled her Mom up to the ticket counter and the man at the counter was ( how can I say this politely?) was well an ass to both of them. Very rude, disrespectful, a general dick. The woman dropped her mom off and started to walk away...she then stopped in her tracks , turned around and just sat to make sure the plane left okay.

I looked this woman and saw her frantic energy. So, (yup, this is how the Rabid Monk rolls) I went across the waiting area and kneeled at her feet and introduced myself. I told her I would keep an eye on her Mother on the plane and stay with her at the arrival location until someone in her family showed up ( as the airlines treated her like crap).

She had tears in her eyes and said " Oh my God thank you, who are you?, you are like an angel"....so I gave her my cell number, she gave me hers.

When the plane arrived at our destination, off I went with the lovely old woman and sat with her in the baggage area till her niece showed up. When she did, the old woman grabbed my hand and said " You are a wonderful person, it was my pleasure and honor to have met you"....

So after the tears dried up on my face after she said that to me ( I know, I am mushy), I called her daughter and told her all was fine and that her Mom was safe.

We are all in this together and we all can create ripples of peace. We have to commit to this understanding though each and every day.

How?

When you see "assholey" energy, take charge, counter it with love.

Be responsible...

Love

The Rabid Monk

No comments:

Post a Comment